Saturday, January 25, 2014

Book review of Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant
It took me forever to read the last book in the series. And not because it isn't an excellent story, but I knew I wasn't going to like the ending based off the major outrage by fans. I took my time reading because I wanted to savory Tris and Four’s relationship. They were finally, what I hoped, out of danger and could really enjoy each other. The truth, in their world they are never out of danger, and Tris and Four find themselves on different sides. Did I get a little tired of them bickering and almost breaking up? Sure. But reality is they were experiencing very stressful events. Life and death experiences can make anyone high strung.
There were so many quotes and thoughts that I absolutely loved from this story. For instances; when Christina says, “Being honest doesn’t mean you say whatever you want, whenever you want. It means what you choose to say is true.”
When Tris says, “… I think that no matter how smart, people usually see what they’re already looking for...”
And in the end I’m happy that Tris discovers, “And I know, without being told, that’s what love does, when it’s right— it makes you more than you were, more than you thought you could be.”
Did I like the ending? No, but I'm a happily-ever-after kind of reader. I live in reality, a world full of sorrow and death, so when I read I want to escape that reality. I understand there are plenty of people out there who love the tear-jerking sad stories. I don't mind reading them once in a while but I truly can't give them a 4 or 5 star rating because they aren't stories that I'm going to read over and over again.
"Allegiant” is a well written book. This is a great Dystopia series. And I became fully involved in Four and Tris's life.
It's interesting to read Veronica’s reasoning for her ending. You can find that on her blog and keep up to date with the movie releases. http://veronicarothbooks.blogspot.com/

No comments: