Monday, March 18, 2013

Confessions of a 40-year-old-YA-Paranormal-groupie!



I love reading YA stories. There is something about the experience of one's first love and finding your way in the world that attracts me. Yes, I admit I'm a 40-year-old-groupie. I stand in long lines to get my favorite authors signatures. It all started with my mother. She loves to read and passed that on to me. She kept telling me to read Twilight. I kept telling her I don't read vampire books. But I broke down and read them and I became a fan of not only vampires but all kinds of supernatural books. Because I loved Stephenie's novels so much I listened when she mentioned on her website, "sorry Edward and Jacob I had to spend the evening with Jace." Jace is a Shadow Hunter in The Mortal Instrument series. It was a great series and I love the prequel series The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare even more. This Tuesday I'm going to go stand in line to get Cassandra's autograph for the Clockwork Princess, the third book in the series. I can't wait!! http://www.changinghands.com/cassandraclare



I love finding new series to get excited about and I found my next YA Paranormal obsession. It's the Vanguard Legacy: Foretold by Joanne Kershaw. After I got use to the spelling of UK words, the author is from England, I thoroughly enjoyed this first book in the series.



I received the ARC from the publishing company, here is my review:
http://anythingbutnormal-juliewallace.blogspot.com/2013/03/book-review-vanguard-legacy-foretold-by.html

No comments: