Friday, December 28, 2012

Jane Austen Diaries series is one of my favorites, It's giving Twilight a run for it's money.

I posted two book reviews on my Anything but Normal blog since that is where I'm working on my YA novels and so more appropriated to review YA books there, but I wanted to share it on this blog too since this is where I post most of my reviews. Even though these books are YA and the characters are about 20 years younger than me I really enjoy to read them. The Jane Austen Diaries is a series of Jane Austen books turned into a modern day stories. The author is great about staying true to the theme and characters Jane Austen created but making it relevant enough for us to understand what's happening today. It's a great way to get kids interested in Jane Austen. The heroine and hero in all her stories are real and very likable. They will appeal to kids today but still give them an uplifting story. I give major props to Jenni James for coming up with such a great idea. I've read and reviewed all four books from the Jane Austen Diaries, two more are planned and I can't wait to read them.







http://anythingbutnormal-juliewallace.blogspot.com/2012/12/book-review-of-emmalee-by-jenni-james.html

No comments: