Sunday, October 7, 2012

Book Review of A Candlelight Courting by Joyce DiPastena




This is a beautifully written short story of love found in the most unusual places. Meg or Christina, the name Meg wants to be called is determined to become a nun. She doesn't want to marry Burthred as her parents had arranged in her infancy. Meg is now eighteen and Burthred ten years older is ready to marry. Meg’s father is angered that his only child wants to be a nun. On Christmas Eve, Meg stays in her room praying while everyone is having a joyful Christmas feast. Her father tricks her into coming face to face with Burthred. She has never seen him and up close she can't help be in admiration of his knightly stature, tall and manly. There is a sensitive side that she had not expected from him. They both have secrets they think will make them an ill match. The characters Meg and Burthred are endearing. You feel their doubts and joys as if you knew them. It’s a delightful story and you’re sad that it ends so quickly. Candlelight Courting is a sweet and lovely tale.

Purchase your copy today for only $1.99 @ https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/235885



Joyce DiPastena is another person on my list of authors who have by example helped me develop my talent and press forward on my career to become a writer. I've been wanting to write a short story about Princess Kristina and reading this story has really motivated me. I can only hope that I can master the talent as Joyce has. Her stories bring you in and make you feel like your in the room experiences everything right with the characters. I'm still pondering the story of Meg and Burthred and I wanting more.

No comments: