Monday, October 8, 2012

Book Review of Dance Upon The Air by Nora Roberts




Nora Roberts is one of those authors that I can read over and over again. I've read these books years ago but decided to give it another whirl since its October and reading about witches should be fun. Nora doesn't need my reviews to help others buy her book but here are my thoughts. Nell Channing escaped her abusive relationship by faking her own death. Talk about going to the extreme. Nell is drawn to the small Three Sisters Island. She is determined to start over and her timing is perfect as she finds herself in a cute bookstore/cafe and overhears one of the staff quitting, making a break to New York. Before her controlling marriage Nell had been in a catering business with her mother. Mia the owner of the bookstore is beautiful and exotic with flowing red hair and feels an instant kinship with Nell. She gives her the job running the cafe. Throughout the whole book my mouth is watering for all the tasty treats Nell makes. Not only does Mia give Nell a job but a cute yellow house by the sea to rent. When the sexy irresistible sheriff Zach Todd comes sniffing around asking questions Nell tries to avoid him. He is attracted to her and knows she needs protection. Mia helps Nell face her true destiny of being a witch. Her relationship with Zach develops and the question looms over her, will she be able to hide her true identity from him?
I liked shutting my brain off for a quick and easy read. It's not reality but I don't read for reality. And so I read the next book in the series about Ripley Todd, sister to Zach and deputy, fighting against her destiny.

No comments: